You'd think that Barry Bonds' ingestion of steroids matters in our daily lives.
The media Bonds vortex is sucking oxygen and intelligence out of the airwaves up and down the dial.
KGO's anchors last night found an expert to interview who was hyped and ready to compare the damage to Bond's reputation to the damage caused to OJ Simpson by OJ's trials.
- OJ was found responsible for 2 murders.
- Barry is charged with lying under oath and obstructing justice.
- President Clinton was impeached for the same issues. The Senate decided that Clinton's behavior did not disqualify him to be President.
- Lying under oath is wrong. However lying when under stress is not in the same league of evil as murder.
- Murders' reputations are not in the same pit as someone who lies.
Or, maybe it's just that my values are wrong.
On Radio Ozdachs we'd be less hyper in our reporting. Mixing up life and death with this piece of journalistic titillation is just inexcusable!
Radio Ozdachs would treat the Bonds indictment as a curiosity and not as an important issue in the ultimate scheme of life.